Tuesday, March 24, 2009

UFO's


Isn't this little guy adorable? He's the newest member of my Lamb Collection. He's from the people who make Soy Silk and he's made out of Soy Silk and he is SO SOFT! Lovehim, lovehim, lovehim! I got him at a wonderful LYS.

I made a list. I never make lists. If I make a grocery list, I forget it when I go to the grocery. If I make a "To Do" list, I don't do a thing on it, I do something totally different. So, this new list is just a list, but I'm really hoping to work it just right. I'm going to post it here so that maybe, every now and again, one of you Scrappy Knitter readers can pop into this blog and ask about one of the things on my list. Got that? Okay, here's the list:

  1. Harry Potter Scarf
  2. Kauni Sweater
  3. Norwegian Sweater
  4. Aiden Jackson's Sweater
  5. Rib Warmer
  6. Red Vest
  7. Striped Vest
  8. Goddess Knits KAL Shawl
  9. Mr. Greenjeans Sweater
  10. Hemlock Ring Blanket (brooklyntweed)
  11. Log Cabin Afghan
  12. Swallowtail Scarf
  13. Ene's Shawl
  14. Recipe Shawl
Isn't that scary? For some reason (attention deficit?)I get very bored very fast with my knitting choices. Why? What is so hard about finishing one project before going on to another? Beats me, but if you know, share, please!

The oldest UFO on the list is the Harry Potter Scarf. The Baby Girl asked for that way back, like in high school and she is now a junior in college! I HATE working on that scarf. Its a circular needle that's too short, doesn't bend and you just go round and round for 16 rows, then change the color and go round and round for another 16 rows. But, that's got to be finished! The last 3 items on the list are things I've just started in the past few weeks and am working on a little every day. I have to set up some type of schedule to add in my UFO's. Most just need to be put together, buttons put on or a small amount of knitting to be done. A few, like the Norwegian Sweater, made me mad so got put away. It's all done by chart, black and white, and one of the stitches was off and I couldn't figure it out. So, some need lots of work, some need very little.

I've been knitting since I was 6 and I don't remember having more than one project going at a time until I found all the wonderful knitting sites on the computer. Now, I'm not blaming anyone here, I'm just saying, if I didn't see all the gorgeous yarn, beautiful patterns, amazing knitting projects that all the folks are doing on Ravelry, Blogs, Knitty, I would be very happy working along on my child's boring Harry Potter Scarf until it was done, then go out and buy some more boring yarn at Walmart (who'd have thunk that all that gorgeous yarn you see in the magazines can actually be bought in a LYS or online, right at your fingertips?) and knit something else till it's finished....... That's how I used to knit. My Grandmother always told me I couldn't start something new until the something old was finished. I never did, till about 4 years ago. Sorry Grandma, I'll try to remember that but so far it's just not working!

So, my goal (never had goals in my life, and if I did they didn't work)is to TRY and finish one UFO a month. Maybe that'll motivate me to finish them all fast enough so that it doesn't take me 14 months to finish.....that's over a year! Wow!! Let's also hope that I don't add anything to this list before atleast a few things are finished! There are so many beautiful patterns popping up that I want to do. I've already got yarn and pattern for this beauty, and this one. I think I need AA for Knitters. Is there one of those somewhere?

This is my newest toy. I bought it to take with me to Boston but of course, it didn't come in time. I, for some reason, can't get Ravelry on my Blackberry (don't laugh) so thought I'd get this. It's 9"! And pink! And I just love it! The Baby Girl has had it on the couch and in her bed while she's recouping, but once in awhile I get to play with it again. Does everything the big laptops do but mostly geered for surfing the internet and e-mailing. Awesome little gadget. It's a Dell Inspiron Mini 9" and because I ordered it in pink (lots of colors to choose from), $5.00 went to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

This silly little pug was chewing on this bowl that I had on the floor to hold my yarn while I wound it. When I was done she decided to start playing with it and with her head in it, she fell asleep! The reason I looked down at all was because she was snoring but it sounded funny. Yup, sounded like she was down in a well. Nope, she was down in a cool whip container. Love that pug!

Thank you for the well wishes for the Baby Girl. She's doing very well, eats EVERYTHING, and goes in Thursday to have her stitches out and for a checkup. She is soooo enjoying being able to eat real food again. She was getting quite tired of Slim Fast, mashed everything and soup. I've loved having her home and babying her (as much as she'll let me).

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Beth said...

My daughter and I love the picture of Libby! Too cute!

I've been having a bad case of startitis lately myself. :(

stringplay said...

The snoring dog story is funny. Wonder how he could breathe in there! Let's see you have 14 UFOs, right? What if you write the numbers 1 through 14 on slips of paper and put in a jar (or a Cool Whip bowl!) and every time you have time to knit, you draw a number and work on that project? Might work. OR might make you crazy. Either way it would be fun for us surfers to watch. : )