Monday, October 23, 2006
So, happy birthday Jay. I love you lots.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Where to start. I guess the beginning of Sept. My oldest went into the hospital for a severe case of strep - I think I've blogged a little about that. Well, while in there for that they found out she had sleep apena, so, I've had to go up for the night twice since then so she could go into the hospital again for the sleep apnea testing. Of course, she has to be asleep so she goes in at 8:30 p.m. and is discharged at 6 a.m. So, that was interesting!
The Baby Girls College had a Family Weekend last weekend. They have all kinds of things they do on campus for the famlies but since the Oldest Baby Girl has 3 little kids it's too hard to try to stick to someone else's schedule. So, the Oldest Baby Girl, the Baby Girl, her best friend and I came up with our own Family Weekend. I stayed at the Oldest Baby Girls from Friday night till Sunday afternoon as did the Baby Girl and her best friend/roommate. We had a blast! We all went to a place where you paint pottery, then they glaze and fire it and you pick it up a few days later. I did a sheep for my collection. He's super, and a bank to save my quarters in for my yarn shop spree's - isn't he cute?
Saturday morning we all went to IHOP for breakfast, then went to the campus store and bought STUFF, then a football game at 1, pizza and movies that night and then Sunday morning we went to church and then out to lunch. I am so glad we did it that way, it was fun for even the little ones. Got to sleep in my own bed Sunday night and then Monday afternoon she called to say the hospital had a cancellation for the sleep apnea testing room and she really wanted to get it all over with so could I come back up to stay with the kids another night. I hadn't even unpacked my cot, my suitcase, so, off I went. Got home Tuesday morning then had to go back up there cause, well, Wednesday is the day I take the Baby Girl out to lunch and I had my hair done. Tired? Yup, I'm tired, and that's only a week or so of the craziness! It's been like this since the first of September!
Do I knit. Yes, lots. Do you know how much knitting you can get done when you watch 3 grandkids that are in bed by 8 (well, the oldest by 9 but she doesn't need me for anything)? Lets see. Amost done the dang sleeve for Bistrow. I swear those sleeves don't end! And I still have one to go. I'm working on the scarf that Vera blogged about and am loving it. I'm doing it in Rowan Cashcotton in a pale green. It is such a soft yarn and a great pattern for mindless knitting. You know, football games, grandkid sitting, waiting in the car. Since I'm not too good or too fast at socks, scarves seem to be my waiting knit. I'm about done with one felted slipper from Fiber Trends in Cascade 220. One more of those to go. I'm still plugging along on my socks but haven't picked them up in awhile. Knitting with dbl pts isn't something I can do fast, quick or without looking every once in awhile so I don't work on them too much. So, knitting is keeping me busy, I'm just not real fast since I do it more for enjoyment than to hurry up and get something done. And, as you can see from the last paragraph, life gets in the way and slows me down even more.
BTB and I are off for 4 days this week camping. We're going to a Pug Fest! Can you imagine 400+ pugs all in one place? One year their web site said they had 700! Libby (Liberty) is going as either Betsy Ross or as a very patriotic pug. I'm going to make her a red, white and blue cape and a night cap sort of hat. Had thought about the Statue of Liberty but didn't have the time to figure out the costume. I can whip up a cape and a hat to fit a pug pretty fast on the sewing machine. We're also going to spend the day Friday with My Baby Boy, who lives up that way. It's been a few months since I've seen him so I'm ready for my big bear hug. Oh, and great timing from The Yarn Garden up there. They sent me an e-mail this morning that they're having a Cascade 220 sale and guess who's going? BTB says "anything you want Babe" so it's on the list.
Are you tired of reading yet? Did you guess where I'm going to be wearing my Mystery Stole II at? I was going to make this a contest because I have a book to give away but I remembered that I posted a comment to Ann's blog, so, that won't work. Anyway, BTB is taking me on my dream vacation to......drum roll please.......the Keys! Yup, all the way to the bottom, just like Ann did a few weeks ago. We'll be camping right on the beach, watching the sunset, then we'll turn around and watch it rise. I've always wanted to spend a week sitting on a beach knitting and reading and listening to the waves and that super, terrific, wonderful man I married is taking me down for 2 weeks! I will be in total heaven! We're going in January, 2007, so I need to get one of those ticker things up there on top of my blog for my count down because let me tell you, I am one excited lady!
I'll have to think of a contest to have to give away the book. I'll think about it with BTB's help while we're in the GA mountains watching pugs!
See you when we get back and I hope to have some more knitting to share with you and yarn aquisitions from my yarn shopping spree. It's not Rineback, but it's better than nothing!
Friday, October 20, 2006
48 Things You Could Care Less About. . .
1. FIRST NAME? Sharon
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope, Mom just liked the name.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I don't cry much, I water up a lot. I water up every time I leave the Baby Girl, or the Baby Girl leaves me.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I like my typing better.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Ham and cheese (oh, lunchmeat - ham)
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? As long as I understood my moods, sure, I'd make a great friend.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No, you know at some point in life someone is going to read it, and that wouldn't work.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, lost those suckers at the age of 13, same time I met BTB.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh, heck no!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? My Favorite is Lucky Charms, but, I eat Raison Bran Crunch.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I live in the sunny south so no, I wear flip flops or sandles until about November, then I wear clogs.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I guess, hope I don't have to find out again.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate Chip - with big hunks of chocolate!
14. SHOE SIZE? 9 1/2 Used to be a 9 but something happened a few years ago and it went up a 1/2 size.
5. RED OR PINK? Red is my favorite color of all time but lately I find myself buying more and more pink. Age related?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Besides the fact I hate cleaning house? Letting myself get a paunch!
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Right now BTB. He went to the Baby Girls High School to work in the consession stand again cause it's homecoming and his best bud said they'd be real busy and need the help.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? How else will I find out about you?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black shorts, white shirt, denim blue flip flops.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chocolate pudding with the free 1/4 cup of lite cool whip on top. A dieters delight!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Fox News (see, you just found out something about me you didn't know. I love Fox News).
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? RED
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Newborn babies, fresh baked bread, English Leather, my Mom (she always smells so good).
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The Baby Girl (thought I was going to have to say some politician looking for my vote, but, she called while filling this out. Good kid).
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hmm, I don't notice anything, I guess. Unless they're dirty, stink or have rotted teeth.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don't know her, but I love her blog!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? A.M. Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (cocoa), Midday Nestle' Water, P.M. More water
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Used to be baseball (Boston Red Soxs) but, now? Football if the Baby Girl is in the Marching Band at half time.
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? Average - never measured my head before.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I wish! I wear glasses - bifocals no less.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Crab legs
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings most of the time. I like scary movies if I'm not home alone (like now)
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Neither! Summer here is too dang hot and winter is so cold it goes thru you like mist. I like fall and spring.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both! What can be better than a big hug and kiss? Notta!
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate cake with white frosting.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Do you read my blog? If you read blogs, you're probably sick of these things.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? whoever doesn't feel like figuring all this stuff out about yourself.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I just finished one last night but can't remember the name or author. It was good though!
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? I have a Vaio, so, no mouse pad.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Everybody Loves Raymond and some History Channel thing about a huge ship.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My 3 kids and their Dad having a discussion about anything. Love hearing them all talking together.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? When in RI the furthest was Montana, since living in GA the furthest has been RI. LOL
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I don't have any talents, I gave them all to my kids.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Warwick, Rhode Island
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No-one sent it, I got it from Stitches of Violet's blog.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
What Color is Your Brain?
At work or in school: I like set routines and organized ways of doing thingsl rules and directions are a great help to me. I prefer to stay on one topic at a time. I need to know what is expected of me, and I always want to know if I am on the right track. I like subjects that are useful and traditional, such as business, accounting, history and government.
With family: I like stability and security and enjoy traditions and frequent celebrations. I like to spend holidays with family members, and I plan ahead for such gatherings.
Take this quiz!
| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Pattern - Bonnie Marie @ Knitty
Yarn - Cotton Ease by Lion Brand
Color - Pistachio
Needle Size - 7 (I think)
Great sweater, great fit, I love everything about it. It looks a little crumpled because, believe it or not it was chilly this morning when I went to have lunch with my 2 daughters and I had to put it on. I'm going to try putting some elastic thread in the ribbing on the sleeves because I like them pushed up (as you can see by the wrinkles in the sleeves) and they wouldn't stay up. BTB took the picture and didn't bother telling me that the right front was turned in (that's a man for ya) but I put a button on both sides because I won't need to button it. The buttons are silver pinwheel type and I really like them on there.
I finished my Mystery II Stole this past weekend and just got around to blocking it yesterday. BTB came home and said "Bet whoever wrote that pattern didn't expect it to become a hallway runner." Smart butt! The hall was the only place long enough, and gated, to lay it out. It came out great and I really love it. Guess where I'm going to wear it to? I'll keep you guessing till next time, can't have the post going on forever.
Mystery Stole II
Pattern by - Melonie at Pink Lemon Twist
Yarn - Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud
Color - Iris
Needles - Knit Picks Options
Size - 4
I'll try to have some non blocking shots next time.
This is the Baby Girls Marching Band - College Style. There's nothing quit like going to a GA football game and waiting for halftime to see your Baby Girl! I take binoculars so I can see her up close! She makes us proud! So far we've been to all her home games and this weekend I get to go all by myself. BTB (don't laugh) is driving the U-Haul with all the band instruments to an away game for the Baby Girls High School! I keep telling him we've graduated to college but he hasn't got it yet. They're also having their classic (Marching Band competition) next weekend and he's working at that too. She and I will not let him live it down!
I'm still working on the cabled sweater and should have the other front done soon. I'm trying to decide what to knit next but haven't come up with anything, although I have tons of ideas. I hate to have to buy more yarn (cough cough) but the 2 or 3 patterns I've pulled out call for yarn I don't have. Imagine that!
I've also joined the Handmade Christmas Gift Swap that Beth is hostessing. I'm excited about it as it's my first swap but nervous about it cause I don't have too many ideas yet about what to make my swap pal, Kathy. But, I'm sure I'll come up with something, just hope she likes what I come up with.
So, until next time, Happy Knitting!
Edit - All those dang spaces weren't in there when I wrote this thing! Jeesh! I think it's time I figure out this html stuff and get this blog up to speed. I bought a book but it doesn't tell me much so this weekend while BTB is away I think I'm going to spend some time figuring out this blogging stuff. I'm tired of spending all this time writing and getting the pictures just so and then they don't look right on the blog. Wish me luck! Can you really teach an old dog new tricks? I sure hope so!!!!