Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've been tagged

The Nautical Knitter tagged me. Thank you DK! This is the first time I've ever been tagged. Here goes. I also got that cute tag above from her. It's a picture on my blog, I had to use it.

  1. When I was a child I showed Ashyire cows, in a show ring. Gramp was a dairy farmer, and that's what dairy farmers' kids and grandkids did. It was a lot of work, but I loved it.
  2. I met my husband when I was 11, became his girlfriend at 13, was engaged to him at 17 and married him at 18. We've been married 33 years, 2 months and 1 week. :o)
  3. Our oldest daughter was named after the county/burrow we honeymooned in. She is the only person in the USA with that name, although there is a farm in Ohio with the same name. And JFYI, she was born 2 years after the honeymoon!
  4. I have never knit myself a sweater. I've knit scarves, bags but never a sweater or anything to wear. Why? I've tried. They never fit. My Mom has a closet full of knit sweaters. :o(
  5. I never bought LYS yarn until 3 years ago when I read my first blog. Now I wish I hadn't bought so much.
  6. I collect bags like most people collect Santa Clauses. I can't get enough.
So, there's a few things I'm assuming you didn't know about me, unless you happen to be related, then it doesn't count.

Knitting wise I've done very little. I've torn out almost everything I've started, so now I'm just wondering if I should just give up on it for awhile. I also have a really sore left elbow that I think is either a pinched nerve or a really fast case of arthritis that set in. I'm going with the pinched nerve. It really bothers me after working on something heavy, like that dang February Ladies Sweater that I want so bad but just can't seem to get right. So, not much knitting.

I'm off to Atlanta for a week. Hope you all have a great knitting week while I'm gone.

Oh, yeah, I have to tag 7 people. Wow, I'm not sure I know 7 people to tag.

Stringplay
Nautical Knitter
RedDirt Knitter
GaTeach11
Felt Like Knitting

Well, 5 isn't bad. I received the invite a week ago and have been thinking about it and making notes since. Give it some thought, it's fun.


Happy Halloween!
Percival Pumpkin: by the Baby Girl
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

stringplay said...

Hi, Sheri.
Wow! I've never been tagged either. (Maybe it's because only you and Mary and now Kay ever read my blog!) There's no way I could come up with 7 people. And I'd probably have a hard time coming up with 7 semi-interesting facts. : ) But it's nice to be noticed!
Have a great trip. And REST your elbow.