Saturday, December 09, 2006

Accents and Sunday Drives

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

The Midland

The Inland North

Philadelphia

Boston

The South

The West

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
I really had fun with this! I'm from Rhode Island, so this was pretty good. Even after living in the Southeast for 15 years I've still got it. But, I knew that, everyone in the South reminds me of it every time I open my mouth.

BTB took me for a ride today for a change of scenery. I love "This Old House" but after 10 days I needed a change. It was cold (21 this morning) but a beautiful day so we took a drive, stopped at Starbucks to get me a Vanilla Chia Tea Latte (YUMMO) and then lunch at Applebee's. That was such a treat and since they have the Weight Watchers menu I didn't blow my low fat, low cholesterol way of eating. Oh, and if you're not a coffee drinker, like me (I have cocoa/hot choclate every morning) try the Starbucks Vanilla Chia Tea Latte. It's out of this world!!!! I'm not a tea drinker either but this is totally different than anything I've ever had before.

Hoping to finish my fathers Christmas present that I started last November tomorrow so maybe pictures of it if I can work up enough umph to take the pictures.

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice that you got out for a bit! I love the chai tea lattes at Starbucks. Just don't drink them too late in the day. I once drank one at night and was WIDE awake until at least 4:00AM! :)

Susan said...

Sounds like a lovely day out! And Starbucks too. Yum. The other day, while out shopping, I introduced my friend to mocha frappucino. Fortunately she loved it. Was your Chai hot or iced? I love it both ways but I've never had it from Starbucks...adding to my list of things to do *G*

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Starbucks chai too, but it's actually fairly easy to make at home.

In a saucepan, add water and a regular black tea bag for every serving's worth of water. Toss in a couple of whole cloves, a cardamom pod or three, a cinnamon stick broken in half and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the spices flavor the tea. Strain the tea into mugs, adding milk and sweetener to taste.

Anonymous said...

It said I'm a westerner....I've never even been out west. haha.

=)

Love, Your Baby Girl

Sheri said...

After reading all my comments it makes me want to run right out and get another Vanilla Chia Tea Latte! Problem is it's too dang far (about 50 miles) and I'm too tired to move. LOL Beth, I'll be sure not to have one too late at night! I like my sleep.
Susan, it was a hot latte but they also have the iced. Haven't had one of those yet.
Kathy, thanks for your recipe. I wrote it down and have the ingredients on my grocery list. Yum!
Baby Girl! Wow! You actually read your mother's blog about knittings? Well, that sure is different! Oh, and the reason it said you're from the midwest? You moved to the south when you were 3 so you never had time to get the New England (Yankee) accent and you had to listen to us talk so you just made up your own accent. Midwesterners really don't have an accent, they just speak very plain, clear English.
Thank you all for your comments. I love reading them. Hope to blog in the next few days.....Sheri