Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Baby Girl Does it Again!



We found out yesterday that our Baby Girl made the All State Honors Band. This is like the highest achievment you can get in the band program! And she said, after her tryouts that "she bombed it" and was sure she didn't make it. Well, she is now one of the top 30 clarinet players in the state of Georgia! Way to go Baby Girl!!! Her Senior year is turning out to be quite an exciting year for all of us. She was also chosen for JanFest which she goes to tomorrow for 4 days. Her calender is quite full and we're enjoying every minute of it. Some day when I feel ambitious I'll have to write about all her band successes, but it will take awhile and fill a few pages. She makes us so proud!

I've been trying to finish up my UFO pile and so far haven't finished anything since Christmas. I was working on a nordic arts mitten but ripped it out because I didn't like the way it looked. I can't knit as fast as or as well as Wendy (www.wendyknits.com) and decided to put that away until I can concentrate more on it. I did finish the right front of my Tech sweater so now I'm onto the sleeves. I'm also working on a Scandinavian Santa Claus for my father, which was supposed to be for Christmas, but I decided to give it to him for his birthday in Feb. so I have a little time yet. Then I still have to finish Rogue, a scarf and a shawl and then my UFO pile will be empty. I'm trying really hard not to buy any more yarn or start anymore projects, but dang, that's not easy. I see so many things I want to knit!

Happy Wednesday and may you get lots of rows done on whatever you're knitting!

No comments: