Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hedwig, Hedgehogs and Socks! Oh My!!!

Yeah, I know, I've missed 2 weeks after that last post saying I would post each Thursday.  Well, life has a way of getting in the way here in Southeast Georgia and I have spent the last 9 days between Atlanta, Gainesville and Blairsville. My father had to have a carotid artery procedure to unblock the left side. It was 90% blocked so he (and the rest of us) are very lucky they found it. His right side is 70% blocked so we'll be making a return trip in the next few months. I was their chauffeur because neither of them has ever driven to or around Atlanta and I'm not sure they'll ever want to. I enjoy the big city and enjoyed taking them around. St. Joseph's is an amazing hospital. They took very good care of him. He went in on Thursday morning at 10 and we were on our way home Saturday at 11:00. They sure do things fast now-a-days!

Okay, so I finished Hedwig but, forgot to take a picture. The newlyweds met me at her brothers in Gainesville and I gave it to her then, along with a few new pairs of socks. I'll try to get her to take a picture and text it to me but she isn't too good about remembering......right Alex? ;o)  Okay, so, I do have a few things to show. One of them is my Pig. If you're an Angry Birds fan you know who the pig is. If you're not, this is what I have to try to bomb, knock over, all that, on Angry Birds, a game on my cell phone.


I have had so much fun with these things and there are 3 more of them that have been published. Not sure if I'll do the others, I mean, how many stuffed toys can a grown woman have?

This Mom's been proven wrong. I asked, she sent! Here is Hedwig, Harry Potter's owl. Only like 3 more weeks until we go to Hogwarts in Florida, so I had to get this done. Oh, the cute little furry thing next to Hedwig is my Grandkitty, Katanga. I just love this cat to pieces. She comes and stays when they do and I've become quite fond of her. :o)

I think Katanga was a little rough when she first met Hedwig, looks like she pulled a stitch from his eye. Ha! That's okay, an easy fix, and makes it more hers. So, my first 2012 FO that's been unfinished for way too long.

I've also been knitting the Baby Girl socks for her cold, cold fibro feet. She wanted thicker slipper socks this time so I made them out of some Nashua Yarn that is a worsted, 100% wool I've had for ever. 
This cute little guy was for my father. He's wanted one since I made the big Hedgehog for Alex a few years ago but I made him the little one. He loved it!

Okay, I think I've covered enough for now. Libby and Maggi, Bear and Abby are yelling for their supper. Hopefully there will be no interruptions to the Thursday blogging and I'll be back then.
Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

stringplay said...

Sheri, your projects are such FUN and sounds like you are having fun making them, too which is the main point. So glad to hear your Father did well. I know they were glad to have you with them and especially to have you drive them in the Atlanta traffic. Your family sure does keep you busy.

Unknown said...

Mmhmm...I DID come through. Love you, Mommy!! Only 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Rodriguez said...

Haven't you heard about Mr Calvin's blank ATM card and how other people have benefited from it? I'm Mr Randy Rodriguez. I want to share a blog and forums on how to get a real blank ATM card, i thank Mr Calvin who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and I was so poor without funds that I got frustrated. One morning while I was going through some stuff on the internet, I came across different comments of people testifying on how Mr Calvin has helped them from being poor to being rich through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, I decided to contact him to know if he is real. He proved to me beyond all doubts that it was real. So I urgently ordered for my own blank ATM card by Contacting his email and today I'm also testifying about the good work of Mr Calvin. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which I am using today Contact the company now and become extremely rich too. Email: officialblankatmservice@gmail.com  or  WhatsApp +447937001817