This has been the most crazy couple of weeks I've lived thru in awhile so instead of writing all about it (I tend to be long winded when it comes to this blog) I'm just going to write them out in order so a year from now I can remember them all. It's been an adventure to say the least.
1. Grandson in the hospital for 6 days, meaning I stayed at their house for 6 days taking care of the 2 granddaughters. Granddaughter #2 also broke her leg in 2 places the day before they left for the hospital, so I had crutches and a one legged child to deal with.
2. Had one day to clean the house, do laundry, etc.
3. The day after arriving home from my babysitting job my parents, son, and Baby Girl arrived home for Thanksgiving.
4. Baked all day on Wednesday; deep dish apple pie, blueberry pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, and these truffles -
Yum! First time I've made them and they were delicious.
5. My father spent the day Wednesday painting the trim in my sunroom while Mom and I baked.
6. BTB, the Baby Boy, the Baby Girl, my father, the Baby Girls best friend, BTB Best friend and his son all went skeet shooting the day after Thanksgiving. The Baby Girl has a huge bruise on her arm from the gun kicking so next time Dad says she's getting a smaller gun.
7. Parents left this morning in a rush cause evidently the painting didn't agree with my Father and he can hardly walk. I hope driving the 6 hours home doesn't agrivate it. He'll be at the Chiropractors office first thing in the morning.
8. Baby Boy left right after the parents and stopped at his oldest sisters to fix the light on her fish tank before heading home near Atlanta.
9. The Baby Girl is looking like this today -
She was going to leave at 9 this morning and woke up with a major earache so she's still on my couch, wrapped up in everyones favorite quilt (my No Peeky 9 Patch E-bay Nap Quilt), sound asleep with advil and day quil in her belly. She has all her finals this week and being a clarinetist makes it really hard with an ear infection. So, she's a wreck but atleast she's sleeping!
10. The Friday after Thanksgiving my grandson went back into the hospital for another round of tests so this week is up in the air too. Hoping to stay put on Monday and go up with my oldest daughter Wed or Thursday to see him. It's a 2 hour ride, so we have to time it just right to get the girls to and from school.
Thats been the last 2 weeks! Crazy but we're all still glad we got to spend Thanksgiving together and really had a good meal, good laughs and lots of hands of rummy!
Knitting, yes, I still do knit. While at my daughters last week I worked on Sven, a Scandanavian Santa I'm knitting for my father for Christmas. He's almost done and hopefully will be under the Christmas tree when they arrive in a month. I don't have a picture of him but will before I wrap him. I've also finished my Bristow sweater from www.knitty.com but there hasn't been time to pin it out to show off on here. I will, when I catch my breath. I've also worked on another pair of socks as my mindless knitting and love them! These are done in Regia Silk and EVERYONE here this week wants a pair. That's not happenin', I don't like making socks but I want enough for every day of the week for me! Selfish, huh? Here's the first one-
The second one is done but I havne't done the binding off of the toe yet. Maybe today if I'm lucky.
The Baby Girl also requested a long scarf as soon as she walked in the door on Wednesday so I've been knitting her a red and white scarf all weekend while visiting with everyone. It won't be done today like she hoped but hopefully I can take it up to her on Wed when I go have lunch with her. It's been really cold here in the mornings and she's getting a little chilly walking to her 8 o'clock class every morning. I'm shocked, she asked me to knit her one instead of running to the store and buying one. What a girl!
So, I think I've covered just about everything. I recieved my Christmas Swap gift over the holiday weekend and it's amazing! I'll try to blog and show pictures of all my loot tomorrow or Tuesday if life slows down just a tad.