Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Love Lace!

I finished it!













Blocking















Leftover yarn!

I didn't have enough yarn (dah) to do the 4 row edging and after thinking it over for a few days I decided that it would be better to just bind off and not try to find some more yarn. The last pattern repeat has enough scoop to it that it looks edged anyway. I love it. It's soft and plenty big enough to cover the whole length of my arms for the cold weather in This Old House.

I've been working like a madman (woman) on my CeCe sweater to try to get that done but it seems to not want to end. Again, I'm worried about yarn amounts. Jeesh, what a pain! I had plenty when I started so I'm hoping I have a ball or two stuck somewhere around here. It's going to take a few more days to get it finished.

I did finally start my Mystery Stole 2 stole but it's slow going cause I'm trying to get these other projects done. I'm not too good at having bunches of stuff going on.

I didn't forget Sandy's Saturday Sky yesterday but we were under severe thunderstorm warning all afternoon and into the evening so I didn't want to turn on the computer. Never even had a drop! My plants are all wilting and even the hydrangea's that have been here longer than I have are drying up and turning brown. We need rain, bad! We're 10 1/2 inches below normal and that's not good. And it's in the high 90's every day and that's not good either.

I've been yarn shopping! It's a good thing the Yarn Focus Challenge ended or I'd be in big trouble. I'll post about that in a few days. I have lots to show.

I can't believe this, but my neice turned 20 years old today! How am I possibly old enough to have a 20 year old neice? Well, I guess I am, somehow. Even though I don't think she ever reads the Scrappy Knitter I'm going to wish her a big Happy Birthday. So, Jen, Happy 20th Birthday! Love ya!

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your shawl looks wonderful! It's so pretty and I agree that it looks fine to have bound off where you did. I've never blocked lace - it looks complicated!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's beautiful! I just love the color you choose for it. So rich and luxurious. As soon as the Mystery Stole is done I'm going to go full steam on mine and hopefully finish it up, because it's too pretty to neglect.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the shawl! It looks beautiful. :)

Maureen said...

Just gorgoeus and the color is stunning!

Catherine Kerth said...

i love it! the color really stands out!!!!!