Friday, February 10, 2006

Yarnin'

That's what my grandson calls my knitting! He's such a hoot!

I have been doing a lot of "yarnin" lately but not much to show. I've finished my "Low Tech" Sweater and now have to sew it together, which I'm hoping to do on Sunday. I've just turned the heel on the Jaywalker sock - I'm SO proud! I've never enjoyed doing socks before because they seemed rather boring but I've decided I need to do 2 socks on 2 circs and one with an interesting pattern. So, my next pair will be on 2 circs.

Today I started the Samas sweater from Knitty and so far it's alot of fun. I've only done a few inches on the cable border for the bottom but I think I'm going to like it. Maybe pictures before the weekend is over.

I tried doing the Many Buttoned Vest in Folk Vests but I couldn't get gauge with any of the yarn I'd tried so I gave up. That must be some really heavy worsted yarn cause I couldn't get 16 sts to 4 inches for the life of me. My house is full of swatches to prove it!

Enclosed are my new "babies" I added to my collection while in the mountains for New Years, IF blogger wants to download pictures this time!

I actually bought 3 but didn't think the pictures would work yet so will add the 3rd one another day.
Happy Knitting and to all you Olympic Knitters out there I'll be rooting you all on to finish what you start in 16 days and with NO tinking!

No comments: