Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy New Year and Middle Aged Moments!

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve. We were in the mountains and had a great time, but it was sure nice to get home after being gone for almost 2 weeks. Christmas was nice, just seeing all the in-laws was gift enough. BTB and I decided to just wait till we got home to exchange gifts. No sense taking them from Ga to RI and all the way back to Ga again. He got a new TV for his office and I got.........drum roll here.........a swift, a ball winder, every color of Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks and the book, Oddball knitting. I love it all!

DGD#1 and I spent about 2 hours Saturday morning winding yarn. She LOVED this thing. She didn't want to quit. It sure looks nice all wound up in these nice neat balls.

I got the back of the LoTech sweater (by Chicknits) done on our trip and the left side front. I didn't knit as much as I thought I would, but the scenery was just too pretty and I kept looking out the window, day dreaming instead of knitting. But, did a little more than 1/2 a sweater, that's not too bad.

Found the new yarn shop in RI and hit that HARD on Christmas Eve day. BTB took a nap in the truck while I shopped. Bought some hemp yarn (never seen it before), a small scarf/shawl kit, a felted flower kit and several books. 2 on knit doll clothes. OH, and my Christmas present to myself; my first pair of Lantern Moon needles. Oh my, they are wonderful! Have to get a few more of those - over time of course, they could break the bank. :o) Also bought several other skeins of yarn but I'm too lazy at the moment to get up and see what.

Christmas with the kids this Sunday so I have lots to do to get ready. We all missed our annual Christmas dinner together so we put the whole thing off till now. So, we'll be having Christmas a few weeks late, but we'll all be together and having a ball.

The Baby Girl drove to school yesterday for the first time ALONE! Jeesh, what a nerve wracking morning that was. Made her call me as soon as she got there, and she actually remembered. Today was almost as bad, but not quite cause BTB stayed home later than usual and he talked my ear off for the 20 minutes it takes to get from here to her school so I couldn't think about it so hard. She called, got there all safe and sound and I hope it keeps going that way. Letting go of the Baby isn't easy, but then, none of them has been easy letting go. I was born to me a Mommy, now I'm a retired "stay at home Mom." POOP

1 comment:

Debi said...

Hi Shez, thanks for de-lurking!!