Friday, December 02, 2005

Peruvian Sierra Aran

Well, I was going to show some stash enhancement but either Blogger or AOL decided otherwise. Anyway, I got my box of yarn from Elann today. It's 45 skeins of Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran in the most scrumptious shades. I got enough to make the Emelia Earhart Cardigan, the lace cardigan that is free on their website and also enough for the shawl/poncho on their website. Yummy stuff. I also got a "My first glove" pattern because, well, it was only 35 cents and the one I tried didn't work out so well. So, when blogger or AOL gets in the mood to show pictures on my blog, I'll post them.

The Builder is taking me out on a date tonight! Just the 2 of us. The Baby Girl is at an Honors Band Program at a college in the big city so it's just us tonight. She's doing so well with band, and this being her Senior year, she's having quite a ride! The director of bands at the college she's at called her band director yesterday morning and asked if Baby Girl would play her A-tude for the Clarinet Masters Class today so they could hear how it's supposed to sound! She was so excited about that, not to mention she made 2nd chair in the honors band. Also got her SAT scores last week while we were in Disney (thanks to a friend, who has a computer and checked it for her) and she raised her math score 20 points. So, hopefully her final score will be good enough for the college she is dying to go to. Keep your fingers crossed. I was going to put a picture of her on here, but I still can't get the pictures on here. We're going to that said college Sunday so we'll be there bright and early on Monday for College Day, where the high school seniors can go and check out the college. She's been going there for the past 3 summers to their band camp and knows that's the one she wants, really bad! So, I'll have lots of knitting time up and back and hopefully the college will decide she's the one they want.

Okay, speaking of knitting. I think I've finally figured out what my problem is with Rogue. I'm about to forget the whole thing because I just can't get past Chart B without a ton of mistakes. My brain just can't understand that the [ -] on a right side row is a purl and a knit on the wrong side. I've done it over so many times now I've lost track and I'm also afraid I've messed up where you bind off for the back. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it; keep going or rip it out and say forget it. One thing I enjoy more than anything in the world is my knitting, but not when it gives me a major headache and is nothing but stress! So, I'll just see what happens with the old brain if I do try it one more time. Somethings gotta give.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and hopefully sometime soon I can get the dang pictures in here!

Happy Knitting

No comments: