Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Harlotty Scarf Cause Baby it's Cold Outside!

Yes, even in the sunny South. 50 is considered cold down here. Eat your hearts out all you New Englanders that are getting snow!

This is the Yarn Harlots One Row Scarf done on size 9 needles.
Very easy, very relaxing and oh, so soft in Malabrigo worsted. I have 3 more skeins. Might make 3 more things. Gift? No. For me. I wanted to use up every last drop of yarn. This is the pattern stitch close up. I haven't blocked it yet, or washed it, but hubby and I keep putting it on. It's so snuggly!
The Baby Girl is coming home tomorrow, then to the Drs. on Monday about her jaw again. It's bothering her, so a CAT scan has been ordered to see what it's all about. Then, well, then Tuesday she's leaving me for 4 days to go to the mountains with her friend to visit her Grandma- my Mom. Do they ever stay home and just visit? Nope, didn't think so. Keep your fingers crossed about the jaw. Jeesh, we don't want to have to go thru all that again!

And since she's leaving, I figure I may as well leave too, so I'm headed in the opposite direction with the oldest Baby Girl to find a new yarn shop I've never been to. And she's got a friend that lives over there that's going to drive us around! He wondered if I'd be upset if he sat in the car while we shopped at the yarn shop cause he doesn't know anything about yarn. She told him "heck no, when Mom shops at a yarn shop she likes everyone to stay out of her way cause she doesn't like anyone knowing how much money she spends." Whatta kid! Gotta love em.

Happy Knitting!
oh, and the grandfather will be just fine. He offered to stay at the oldest baby girls house to wait for the bus! How can you beat that? We have no curfew!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm so happy you are blogging again! Love that scarf you are making... shouldn't you be working on one for the oldest daughter? (hint hint) Our chauffeur is looking forward to our arrival. I am too! It will be fun. Two yarn shops, good food and great company! We'll have to blast the stereo there and back!
I love you!!!!

stringplay said...

What a lovely SOFT looking scarf. Boy! You are really churning them out all of a sudden. Maybe you just needed to be a home? Maybe the weather needed to be a bit cooler? Whatever, you are on a roll! And even if you daughter isn't STAYING at home at least she's coming and going and you can SEE her. Enjoy it ALL.