Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Knitting and News, News and Knitting

I got a new car! Isn't it pretty? It's a 2008 Dodge Avenger complete with sunroof, spoiler and a My Gig system. I love it! 4 Days after it arrived I took off for 2 weeks.
I started this scarf and got about 1/3 done with it when I realized I wouldn't have enough yarn. So, it's now a ball.
This is a vest that today is almost done. It's from Folk Vests, called Sakiori II. Lots of fun and quick.
I had one skein of Schaefer Yarns Anne and it was such a bright color I wasn't sure what to do with it. I made these 3 bags for my 2 week vacation to the No. Georgia Mountains.
A little blue bird, just cause I needed something quick that wasn't going to NOT fit.
And, another, bigger blue bird. Both patterns were free on Ravelry.com
This is my apothecary jar. It's huge! It's the perfect size for holding some of my lace weight yarn.
Jared's Hemlock Blanket. It's alot bigger than this now. Great knit and fun to see grow.
Yup, The Baby Girl is still battling the jaw/teeth/ear thing. She's having physical therapy here. They've finally decided it's TMJ. She had exploratory surgery this past Monday and goes in on her 20th birthday to have the surgery to fix it. Does it ever end? Nope............
This one fell sound asleep on the arm of the chair in the livingroom and fell off it, hit the floor, but got up and walked around. She limped alittle, but that was it. 3 months later we take her to the vet to find out why she's so sick looking and the poor thing broke 2 vertebrae in her back! So, she gets carried around alot and has to take an aspirin a day. Yup, it's pathetic around here.
This is my niece from RI. She came to visit in February.
This is the Baby Girl. She went to visit my niece in RI in December/January. Her first solo flight without Mom or Dad. Yup, we were a wreck!
Mittens - in the South? Well, I wanted to try them and they are pretty.
A close up.

That's not all of it but that's all I have time for. Since the pain meds make the Baby Girl woozy I have been elected to drive her to church tonight, so better go get ready. Hope you're all doing okay and are enjoying your summer.
Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

theminx said...

Hey stranger! That's a nice car you've got there. :) I'll be saying a prayer for Baby Girl that the surgery fixes her TMJ problem.

stringplay said...

Hello! A new post (hooray) and WITH pictures (double hooray)! I love your snazzy new car and I know you're going to enjoy it. I'm sad about the frogged scarf, though. Looks like it might have been an Arctic Diamonds and it was looking great. Oh, well. At least you have the Blue Birds of Happiness. : )

Susan said...

hey girl!!! good to see you and your new wheels! Whoa that's pretty! Sending lots of good thoughts to those in pain..both two legged and four.

Woofgangpug said...

Love your new car! Mine has to last a little longer, but I'm jealous.

Give your pugsley a little smooch for me. Sorry to hear about her back.