Thursday, September 29, 2005

Scarves

This is the beginning of my Peacock Feathers Shawl that I started last night. This is my first time using Zephyr yarn and wow, it is little but so silky soft. I ordered the pattern and yarn from Fiddlesticks and that is the nicest woman! She even e-mailed me when the yarn came in (it was backorderd cause so many of you bloggers were doing Peacock Feathers) and was really very helpful! Even long distance. So, progress reports on this as they happen. This is up to row 17 of the chart.



This scarf is one I'm doing to practice Shetland Lace patterns. It's also done in Debbie Bliss but this one is Cashmerino and so, so soft! The color is more like light butter but I couldn't get a good picture of it. This is from the Shetland Lace Workshop at Yahoo and is so much fun!

I can't find the book for this pattern to even tell you what it's called, but it's in one of the lace books. I copy the charts then put the book back in the bookcase and for the life of me can't remember which on it is, but, here it is. Lots of fun, easy pattern. It's going to be a small scarf/triangular shaped. It's done in Debbie Bliss Cathay and yes, it's red. My favorite color. I'll put up specs when I get my sh-- together and find the book.
This blog is giving me fits today and won't put the pictures where I say to put them! Hopfully it's readable. I think I finally figure out this blogging thing and something else messes me up.

The poor husband is getting grilled cheese and soup for supper because I still have to eat soft food, but I did make him an apple pie for dessert, so he should be happy! Cherry's his favorite but I like apple, I don't like cherry.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: