Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Birthdays Galore!

My granddaughter Lyssa turned 8 years old on Sept 4th. AND, her mother, my oldest daughter, turned 28 on the 3rd. Jeesh, time sure flies. Happy Birthday to you two.
We had a party for them both, and yes, they both got a cake but evidently I can't do two things at once, ie; hold a cake and take a picture! I wouldn't let my daughters birthday go by without her favorite spice cake with peanut butter frosting. YUCK! She gets that from her father. Lyssa's cake is more my speed - chocolate with white (purple) frosting. She's like her Maamaa.

I've been working like crazy on my Pacific Northwest Shawl and am now doing the edging. That'll probably take me as long as the shawl did. Doing the same thing 28 times is a little boring, but it's getting there. I should have my Peacock Feathers pattern and yarn by this weekend and I want so bad to get his one done so I can get started right away on that one. It is so pretty. Then I ordered MORE lace yarn from Elann. Someone on the Seasons of Lace group announced a sale on their Baby Silk yarn and I bought enough for a shawl and 2 scarves. I also will be getting 2 scarf patterns and yarn from Fiddlestickes with my Peacock Feathers Shawl. I wonder if a knitter ever lives long enough to make everything they want to? Don't think this one will! :o)

So, still no pictures of my box of yarn from Knit Picks or my Elann purchases but I've been spending every spare minute on this shawl and haven't wanted to take the time to get all that out for pictures. I will leave you with this picture though, which I think is beautiful, not something I see here everyday. Amazing colors!



Happy Knitting

No comments: