Friday, April 15, 2005

The Purple Vest is a FO

The vest is finally done! I had done the pockets at 2 different heights so ripped out one side and did it with no pocket. So, today I got around to finishing it. Had to do the ribbing around one sleeve, the neck and then sew in the zipper. It is now blocking, along with the matching scarf. Didn't get a picture of that because I didn't want to unpin it to take it out for a photo op, so I'll take one when it's dry. This one's for your little Peanut! Posted by Hello

I made it with Sirdar Kool Kidz Chunky and started it last spring, so it only took a year to finish this little tiny thing! It's nice to have a FO and one that maybe she can wear before the hot, hot weather gets here. The scarf will have to wait till winter.

Have a lot done on my shawl made with the Rainbow Sherbert cotton yarn. It's about 8 inches, with 2 skeins used, so only 7 more to do. I'll try to get a picture of that over the weekend along with your brother's sock. That hasn't been touched in a few days but I managed to turn the heal so now it's just straight knitting to the end. Might take it tomorrow when we go to the big city cause your sister wants to go see Miss Congeniality II and I can work on that while watching the movie.

Have a great weekend, get lots of scrapbooking done and tell the little Peanut I have a surprise for her!

Love,
Mom

No comments: